Executive Vice President of the National Council for Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism of the Dominican Republic
- Born in the city of Puerto Plata in 1946. He holds two college degrees, one in Public Law, and the other in Sociology from Paris University. He also completedhigher studies of doctorate in Public Law and Political Sciences at the same university.
- He has a long-standing academic career, as Professor of Sociology at the Autonomous University of Santo Domingo (UASD), since 1971.
- Minister of Labor from 2008-2011; Minister of the Environment and Natural Resources from 2004-2007; Secretary of State and National Authorizing Officer for the European Development Funds 1996-2000, and elected Senator for the period 1990-1994.
- As a political leader, was candidate for the Presidency of the Republic in 2012 for his party Alianza por la Democracia (APD).
- Member of the Dominican Science Academy since 1974.
- He was decorated with the Legion of Honor by the French government and with the Order of Solidarity by the Italian government.