Former Director of Science, Society and Sustainable Futures Division, UNCBD
- 1988 - Assistant Translator, Faculty of Geography, Lomonosov Moscow State University;
- 1993-PhD in Geography, Faculty of Geography, Lomonosov Moscow State University;
- 1995 – Majored in Law & qualified as Lawyer, Faculty of Law, Lomonosov Moscow State University;
- 1997-International Program 'Leaders in Environment and Development'.
- 1991-1999-Expert, Environmental Consultancy Service (international consultancy companies - Dames & Moore, ERM, Arthur DeLittle, DHV, Haskoning, ICF/EKO, Branan);
- 1994-2010-Lecturer at Lomonosov Moscow State University;
- 1995-2006-Expert at Supreme Council for Environment, Committee on Ecology and Environment Protection, State Duma of the Russian Federation;
- 1994-2001-Junior Research Fellow / Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow / Post-doctoral Student at Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences;
- 1999-2006-Head of the Environmental Law Program / Director of Environmental Programs, WWF Russia;
- 1999-2018 - Expert on Biodiversity, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Russian Federation;
- 2000-2006-National Representative, TRAFFIC Europe-Russia;
- 2006-2010-Head of the Health, Industrial and Environmental Safety Service, BP of Russia;
- 2010-2018-Director, WWF Global Arctic Program;
- 2018-2021-Director of the Department of Science, Society and Sustainable Future, Secretariat of the UN Convention on Biodiversity.