Director CIIC UNIDO Russia
In 2005 Mr. Sergey Korotkov was appointed the Director of the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation.
The Director coordinates a number of UNIDO projects related to industrial development of the regions and subjects of the Russian Federation, as well as projects in the CIS and BRICS countries. He also supervises the activities of the Center aimed at finding Russian and foreign partners and investors for the implementation of major national projects.
Mr. Korotkov maintains liaison and cooperates in the framework of project activities with Federal Ministries and Agencies, as well as other interested organizations of the industrial and economic bloc.
The Director is responsible for the preparation and implementation of long-term agreements between the headquarters of the UNIDO in Vienna and Russian partners involved in the programmes and projects of UNIDO.
- 2005 – now – Director of the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation;
- 2003 – 2005 – UNIDO project manager for Russian-Brazilian Centre for Technological Cooperation Project;
- 2001 – 2003 – Head of the Department of foreign relations ‘Geospectrum’ ltd.
- 1995 – 2001 – Senior expert at Russian Trade Mission in Brazil;
- 1993 – 1995 – Senior expert at State Committee for Industrial policy of the Russian Federation;
- 1991 – 1993 – Attaché at Soviet (Russian) Embassy in Jamaica, Trade Department
- 1990 – 1991 – Expert at Department of foreign economic relations of the USSR;
- 1990 – Trainee at Soviet Trade Mission in Cuba;
- 1981 – 1988 – Jr. researcher at Research Institute of Ferrous Metallurgy.